What is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician CCSP
Becoming a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician or a CCSP is the goal of many chiropractors. The goal as stated by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians is: “Promoting the highest standards of excellence and clinical competence for chiropractors specializing in sports medicine and physical fitness.” On October 31, 2006, the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) granted accreditation to the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians for demonstrating compliance with the NCCA Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs. NCCA is the accrediting body of the National Organization for Competency Assurance (NOCA). The NCCA Standards were created in 1977 and updated in 2003 to ensure certification programs adhere to modern standards of practice for the certification industry. Becoming a Certifed Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) through the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians means joining an elite group of 78 organizations with 190 programs that have received and maintained NCCA accreditation. Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician in Phoenix.
Dr. Berg is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician of which there are only a few in Arizona
The unique expertise applied to the management of athletic injures by a Certified Chiropractic Sport Physcian improves patient outcomes. The Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician seeks to infuse their specialized knowledge of sports medicine into patient care as a component of an integrated healthcare team. The goal is to optimize rehabilitation, improve patient outcomes and prevent recurring injury whether on the field or in work conditions. CCSP in Phoenix.
Several ways in which care by a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician can be a critical component to providing superior patient care:
- Overall cost of care is reduced through a focus on injury and pain prevention by a CCSP
- Restoration of function with rehabilitation techniques and regimens
- Treatment results are improved through a focus on restoring optimal function, prevention and not just pain reduction
- Patients benefit by their doctors’ access to a wider range of treatment tools and training that can be used for the professional athlete or the weekend warrior by a CCSP
- Integration of sport specific nutritional protocols assists in rehabilitation as well as improving their functional conditioning
- Sports-oriented chiropractic care extends beyond the spine to the adjustment and rehabilitation of extremities, including therapies on muscles and ligaments
- Patients benefit through a holistic approach to health that include postural changes and conditioning, preventative exercises and improving the functional capacity of the injury
As a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and Certified Level 1 Rehabilitation Doctor I look forward to delivering Chiropractic care to North Phoenix and North Scottsdale patients. To see if your chiropractic doctor is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician go to ACBSP. As a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician Dr. Berg has been awarded the top chiropractor in the U.S. from American Chronicle this year. Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and rehab specialist in phoenix.
this article about What is a Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) is informational and not to be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition